Do you or don't you give your little ones a snack before bedtime?
When Tilly & Florence reached 2, they both started waking up in the middle of the night. Each of them asked for milk and sometimes even milk & "somfink for my hungwy tummy". This could have been a tactic to slowly worm their way into our bed through sheer persistence (!) but I decided to give them a snack before bed and hey presto, they started to sleep right through! Not only were they less grumpy in the daytime, we were too! I could stop being mad with my husband's 'selective hearing' and the "oh were they up in the night, I must have been in a deep sleep".............
So, what do I give them? Often a choice between the following:
- Carrots/Breadsticks & Hummus (this makes a regular appearance!).
- Homemade Rice Pudding (with no sugar, instead I used dried fruit or date reduction or I add a tiny bit of honey).
- Toast or a simple sandwich.
- Homemade Chicken soup (Yes, it's made another appearance but we have it is a fave!).
- Toasted pitta or toasted wraps. They love toasted wraps and will eat them plain or with dips.
- Warm Milk to drink.
Tonight however, on half term in Slovakia, dinner & snacks could be a little different, cue sheep cheese dumplings & Puff Journey of delight.................... ;-)