We love this recipe at home. For little ones you may want to avoid the salt containing ingredients or use low salt versions. Using frozen veg for this makes for a quick, nutritious meal. Alternatively use your child’s favourite chopped veggies finely and add to the pan.
- 200g egg noodles or rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock (salt free versions available)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (*optional – low salt version recommended)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional, contains sugar and salt)
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon corn flour mixed in 2 tbspn water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small thumb size of ginger- finely grated (if you don’t have this in you can use ¼ tspn dried ginger)
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 50-100g finely shredded cabbage
- 200g pack of frozen stir fry veg or chop whatever veg you fancy (we use mange tout, baby corn, red peppers & mushrooms)
- 100g beansprouts
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and put to one side.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, stir together broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce (if using), agave/maple syrup, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat and add sesame oil. Add garlic, ginger and chicken and stir for about 3 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Add cabbage, spring onions, stir-fry vegetable to your pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add noodles and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add wet mixture to the pan and stir fry for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.