Brussels sprout crisps are a festive tradition in our house – they're quick, tasty and nutritious!
Tilly and Florence actually don’t mind brussels sprouts, but a lot of my friends’ children won’t touch them. This recipe is a great way to encourage your little ones to try them.
The crisps are great for baby-led weaning, and also as a really moreish snack for adults, too!
You will need:
- A bag of brussels sprouts (1lb)
- 1-2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice and/or grated lemon peel (optional, some children may not like this)
- Fine black pepper (optional)
How to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Peel the sprouts, separating the leaves
- Mix the sprout leaves together in a large bowl with the oil, parmesan, lemon and pepper, then separate out onto a baking sheet
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes, then turn to ensure they don’t burn, and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Keep checking them as they can catch!